Monday, July 19, 2010

Online Shopping: Try DealExtreme

I have shopped online at many different places and last February I came across this website called DealExtreme. It is based overseas. I will be there first to tell you that if you are looking for top notch products then this is not the site for you. I do not say that in a bad way as I find it is an excellent source for buying add-ons, or accessories for the products you already own.

At a Super Bowl get together this past February a friend of mine was showing me a battery pack he had for his IPhone. He told me he got it from this placed called DealExtreme. He also had a charging station for his Wii remotes. When I got home I checked out the website and since then I have placed seven orders.

I feel the website is well laid out, it has an endless amount of products to choose from, it has free shipping, and you can pay through your Paypal account. The main categories the site has are electronics, car accessories, computers, cell phones, Ipod, and a handful of others. Once you put your mouse over one of these categories another subset opens up.

The battery pack for the Ipod I bought is pictured below. For $11.37 I feel it has been a fantastic buy. You charge it with your Ipod charger. Once it is charged you can plug it into for Ipod and it charges the Ipod as if it was plugged into the cable. it is great to have if you are out and about and are low on battery. I use mine all the time and recommend it to everyone. They have more than one to choose from.

I have also bought cases for the Ipod, screen protectors, charging cables, usb wall plugs, and an extra dance mat for a Wii game my girls play. The game obviously came with one mat but said you could play with two players if you had another mat. For $22 the mat arrived and works great with the game. I also just bought another set of earphones with a mic for my Ipod Touch. I was at a store the other day and they had the "real" brand kind and they were $30. I paid $2.79. They arrived the other day and work great. Who knows how long they will last but for under $3 I will give them a try.

The site is also good in the respect that people can leave their comments about the products. Since there are many similar products I find it is good to read to see if one is better or worse than another one.

The checkout process is very easy. Like many other sites you add items to your cart. Once you have completed your shopping you click on Pay with Paypal and make your payment. You do have to create an account but that is very easy to do as well. When you are logged in you can view your old orders and/or look to see if your order has been shipped.

I do not work for the company but thought I would do a little write-up because there are probably many people out there that have never heard of the company and I wanted to make you aware so you may be able to buy some products and save you some money in the process. Like I said, going in, I knew the products I was looking for would be accessories or back up items. For the price I have paid I am extremely pleased with my purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment