Friday, July 30, 2010

Amazon Associates: Giving It a Try

I have three blogs that I am currently writing.  My fishing in New Brunswick Blog is the one I have been working on the longest and gets a decent amount of traffic.  I am certainly trying to get more traffic to the blog.  Over the summer I started up two new blogs. One is about hockey and baseball which is called Hockey and Baseball Talk and the third blog is called Random Thoughts. The last two are new and I am having trouble getting traffic to the sites but hopefully that will pick up. 

I decided to add a few things to the blogs to try to make a little money.  One is called Infolinks, which I will do a blog on later.  The newest item I put on is called Amazon Associates.  I can add widgets that have items for sale on Amazon and if someone clicks on it and buys the item I get a referral fee.  There are also text links I can add in my blogs and the same thing happens.  If they click on the link and buy the product I get a referral fee.

The other item which is pretty neat is that you can create astores and choose what Amazon products you want in your store.  Again, if someone buys products from your store you get a fee from Amazon.  I have created two stores so for.  One for my fishing blog is this one: Jamie's Fishing Store and the one for my Random Thoughts blog is Jamie's Random Thoughts Store.  I am trying to figure out how to make these stores more prominent on my blogs but I still need to figure that out. 

I certainly do not expect to get rich from this but it is completely free to set up so why not give it a try.  They have different options to pay you.  You can get gift cards, they can pay through direct deposit, and by cheque.  The first two options have a $10 minimum and to be paid by cheque you need to make $100 and there is a $15 processing fee for the cheque.  I choose the gift cards as I did not have to give any banking information.

My main goal now is to get more traffic to my blogs and to see if I can make any money from the program.
If you want to read more about associate and affiliate programs give this book a try: The Complete Guide to Associate & Affiliate Programs on the Net: Turning Clicks Into Cash

No comments:

Post a Comment